About me

I am a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day saints. These are my adventures while serving in the England London mission.


email me at adriana {dot} mcfarland {at} myldsmail {dot} net

Tuesday, November 29, 2016

#LIGHTtheWORLD

Hello everyone!

I hope you all had a fantastic Thanksgiving and ate lots of really good food! It's a great time of year to really reflect on what we are grateful for. I am thankful for so many things, but especially for the gospel in my life and the opportunity I have to serve a mission.

So, transfer news came last night, and thankfully sister Cabral and I will be staying in Dereham for my last transfer! It was such a relief to hear that I will get to finish my mission in the blessed land of Dereham, especially as things have been going so well here!

These past two weeks have been full of miracles, and amazing people have started to come out of nowhere, who have been really prepared for the gospel.

One is a man named Chris.  Two weeks ago he invited us to a bell ringing practice at the church of England opposite our flat. He and his son ring the bells for church every week!  We went and had a really fun time. It was interesting to see how they ring the bells every Sunday. They even let Sister Cabral and I have a turn ringing the bells. We have only taught him once, but because he is so busy with work we don't get to see him as regularly as we would like.  He told us on the phone though how much he is enjoying reading the book of Mormon. He told us that when he starts to read, he just doesn't want to put it down! He told us he will take the Book of Mormon with him on his work trip, where he will have more time to read.

We also met a really wonderful woman named Cilla. Her son is investigating the church in Norwich, and she has really started to see a change in him, and wanted to know what the church is all about. She went to church with her son last Sunday and had a good experience. These are just a few of miracles that have been happening here. I am really excited to start to teach these amazing people and help them come unto Christ. I will keep you updated on their progression!

I hope you all have had a chance to watch the new Christmas video Light the World. If you haven't seen it, it is found on Mormon.org. It encourages us to put Christ back into Christmas by finding ways to do daily acts of service throughout December. Please look at Mormon.org to get ideas, and then lets all light the world through service this next month.

Mosiah 2:17 " I tell you these things that ye may learn wisdom, that ye may learn that when ye are in the service of your fellow beings, ye are only in the service of your God."
I love you all and hope you have a fantastic week.

Love,
Sister Adriana McFarland 


   

No comments:

Post a Comment