About me

I am a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day saints. These are my adventures while serving in the England London mission.


email me at adriana {dot} mcfarland {at} myldsmail {dot} net

Monday, October 31, 2016

Happy Halloween!

Hello Everyone!

Today for Halloween we are carving pumpkins as a district! 
Halloween isn't a very big holiday here. Not too many people celebrate
it. But the 5th of November is a really big English Holiday- Guy
Fawkes night! I don't know if I told you about that last year. It's to
celebrate the death of a man named Guy Fawkes. He tried to blow up the
Houses of Parliament but was caught and burned at the stake. So to
celebrate, everyone makes big bonfires and has fireworks. They used to
make straw men to put in the fire, but they don't really do that
anymore. It's kind of morbid, but hey- it's tradition. Do you remember
the 1st episode of Sherlock in season 3? That's about Guy Fawkes
night. And that episode makes so much more sense now after being in
England. I didn't get to go to a bonfire last year, but this year the
ward is doing one as an activity, so I am excited to go. I'll take
some pictures to send to you!


Have a Happy Halloween!

Love,
Sister McFarland


No comments:

Post a Comment