About me

I am a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day saints. These are my adventures while serving in the England London mission.


email me at adriana {dot} mcfarland {at} myldsmail {dot} net

Monday, October 24, 2016

Tread Carefully

This week has been good here in Dereham. We have continued to see miracles and meet amazing people. recently we have been trying to work more with the members. 

Member missionary work is so key. Sister Cabral and I are both pretty new to the area, so we have been really working on gaining the trust of the ward. The ward here is fantastic! This past week we had the opportunity to have dinner at a members home who I didn't know very well. It was their first time having us over, so we wanted to make a good impression. When we walked into the dining room, I quickly moved around the table to shake everyone's hands because I was so excited to meet everyone. But in my excitement, I failed to notice the large hutch next to the table full of willow tree figurines that I think every Mormon family has somewhere in their home. I happened to hit this hutch with my shoulder quite hard, and to my horror, the whole hutch shook precariously and I watched as all these beautiful figurines all fell off and hit the floor, with quite an impressive loud noise. So much for good first impressions! Thank heavens, none of them broke. So I quickly tried to pick them back up, although the member encouraged me to just sit down so I didn't make it worse. After the shelf was back in order, we finally sat down, (my face was more red than a tomato), and everyone at the table erupted in laughter. It actually turned out to be a great ice breaker. (although I wouldn't recommend doing it to gain members trust.) 

Autumn is here, the air is getting colder, the leaves are changing colour, and tight season is back. 

I am so grateful for this gospel. It has blessed my life in so many ways. I know that this church is true! 

I love you all! 
- Sister Adriana McFarland




No comments:

Post a Comment