About me

I am a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day saints. These are my adventures while serving in the England London mission.


email me at adriana {dot} mcfarland {at} myldsmail {dot} net

Tuesday, October 18, 2016

The Trio's Down to Two

Hello everyone!

Apologies about last week. It was a super crazy day! It took up most of the day to get Sister Maughan to London and then to come back again. There were a lot of delays on the trains so we didn't get back until after 10pm. late nights make for long weeks. 

The week was good, but it has been sad to not have Sister Maughan with us. I always seem to go through companion withdrawals when a companion leaves.  

This week we had a cool miracle. We were street contacting and found a woman from Portugal who speaks no English. She had met missionaries before, but because of the language barrier, she turned them away. But now that Sister Cabral can teach her in her own language, she is so excited about the gospel! We have a few members here who are also Portuguese who can help translate during the lessons and at church. As with many other different cultures in the past, I have been learning a lot about Portugal recently and I love it so much!  I am also trying to learn some phrases in Portuguese so I can speak to our new friend. We will start to teach her English this week as well. 
 
I have found that English people are very helpful. Asking someone to help you is a much easier way to start a conversation here than a lot of other approaches.  Yesterday, I asked a woman if she could give us directions to town. She happily told us a series of complicated directions, that didn't make much sense. I also knew that the directions she was giving us were incorrect. Haha, so after following her directions for a little while, we decided to go back to the path we were on and follow the trusty map. It's kind of like a metaphor for life.  People will point us in the wrong direction, and if you don't know where you are going, or get direction from the wrong people you can end up being lost. That's why I am so thankful to be a part of this church where I know that we can receive the right directions that lead us back to our Father in Heaven. The church is true, the Book is blue, and we go out two by two! 
Have a great week!
Love,
Sister Adriana McFarland 








No comments:

Post a Comment