About me

I am a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day saints. These are my adventures while serving in the England London mission.


email me at adriana {dot} mcfarland {at} myldsmail {dot} net

Monday, August 29, 2016

Surprise Visit

Tuesday we got a call from our district leader that President and
Sister Stevens and the assistants to the president would be coming to
our area for an hour. Elder Williams didn't give us any more
information about it, so the more I thought about it the more stressed
I got. The next morning though, I decided that they surely wouldn't
drive all the way out to Canterbury for no reason, and it seemed too
unorganised to be really happening. I was absolutely convinced that
Elder Williams was pulling a prank on us. So we went about our day as
normal, and I felt quite clever that I had discovered that it was all
just a joke.
But... later that day we got a call from the AP's, telling us that
they were in our area! I couldn't believe it! Haha but it worked out
well and we had a good time with them. Sister Stevens stayed with us
while the others went to be with the elders. We went finding with her,
and it was incredible. It will probably be the only time I get to go
street contacting with a general authority. We spent the whole time
finding with her talking to Miss I-already-have-a-bible.

Last Monday I got to visit a castle for the first time! We went to
Rochester and spent the day learning about medieval history. I was so
excited about visiting my first castle I think I was annoying the
other visitors.  I love how much history there is in England. There is
so much to learn and such a beautiful culture here! 🇬🇧

I wanted to share one of my favourite quotes this week by Ezra Taft Benson:
"The Lord works from the inside out. The world works from the outside
in. The world would take people out of the slums. Christ takes the
slums out of the people and then they take themselves out of the
slums. The world would mold men by changing their environment. Christ
changes men, who then change their environment. The world would shape
human behaviour, but Christ can change human nature... Yes, Christ
changes men, and changed men change the world. "


I love you all, and I hope you have a great week!
Love Sister McFarland






No comments:

Post a Comment