About me

I am a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day saints. These are my adventures while serving in the England London mission.


email me at adriana {dot} mcfarland {at} myldsmail {dot} net

Monday, November 2, 2015

Colds and Halloween



Happy Halloween! I hope you all had a spooky time and got lots of
candy. This week Sister Hernes and I have both had colds. We are
recovering well and feel better now. But let me tell you, biking in
fog on a cold October night is not the best thing to do when you are
recovering from a cold.

For Halloween, we were unsure what to do. People here do celebrate
Halloween, but it's not nearly as big as in the states. We couldn't
really go tracting, and everyone was busy that night so we didn't
have any appointments. So we bought a bunch of candy, taped them to
pass along cards, and handed them out to kids trick or treating. It
was fun! The only problem was that we ran out of sweets really
quickly. Then we were stuck in the park with a bunch or candles and a
table with no candy. We decided to stop by some members just to say
hi, but it was quite funny because we were just carrying a table
around. Fortunately it was Halloween and you can look really weird and
no one will care. Something different we do for Halloween here is
fireworks. Other than that it is the same.

The English class is going well. We have 2 members who teach, and they
love it. They really have taken the class to a whole new level. We
really are just there for the first ten minutes when we teach about
the church.

The ward here is a lot like the Robinsons from 'Meet the Robinsons'
(one of my all time favourite movies) because nearly everyone in the
Ashford ward is related to each other somehow. I'm still figuring out
how everyone is related to each other, but it makes the whole ward
feel like a big family.

Well I love you all! I hope you have a great week.

Love,
Sister McFarland


No comments:

Post a Comment