About me

I am a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day saints. These are my adventures while serving in the England London mission.


email me at adriana {dot} mcfarland {at} myldsmail {dot} net

Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Kabaptized

So for some reason here in the mission it is a tradition to be
kabaptized, which means you eat your first kebab. Now if you asked me
what it was or what country it comes from I couldn't tell you. But it
was oily goodness. I think I gained about 12 pounds from that. So I
can now say I have been kabaptized. That was also where we saw the
castle ( see picture) after our zone meeting.

Zone meeting was really good. We were deciding what we should set as
our goal for baptisms in September. We decided to say a prayer and we
all knelt down and prayed to know. The spirit was so strong and we all
felt like we should set 4 as a goal. It was a cool experience.

So I have a new companion: Sister Henes from Norway! She is really a
great and diligent missionary. I have a lot to learn from her.
Transfers were fun because everyone just meets in St Pancras train
station to exchange. We get a lot of weird looks because there are so
many missionaries and luggage in the middle of this train station.
Yesterday we had a great mission wide conference in London. It was
very good! Brother and sister Christensen came and spoke to us about
members missionary work. I loved it and felt so inspired! It took most
of our day. I know I have already written about the underground but I
don't think I've ever been more claustrophobic in my life than being
squished into a train underground with a lot of tall people and no
elbow room.

We have been meeting with a ton of people, but none of our
investigators are really progressing.

We meet some of the best and weirdest people on a mission. The other
day so many people had turned us down. But one of the last people we
talked to was this woman who was such a hippie but so nice! We talked
on the sidewalk for about 30 min about how the world needs more love
and that we should follow our hearts. She said she felt the spirit and
will read and pray about the Book of Mormon. She doesn't live in
Ashford but she will get in contact with other missionaries.

I am learning loads everyday. I used to hate studying, but I love
studying my scriptures in the morning! I wish we had more time to
study. :)

Well I love you all! Thanks for the prayers and support. Have a great week!




No comments:

Post a Comment