About me

I am a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day saints. These are my adventures while serving in the England London mission.


email me at adriana {dot} mcfarland {at} myldsmail {dot} net

Monday, August 24, 2015

Best Week Ever!

 Okay, actually, this whole week was pretty tough. But yesterday made it all worth it because Nathan was baptized! We are so happy for him. It's incredible to me to see how much the gospel has changed his life. When we first started teaching him, he thought we couldn't teach him anything. But now he can't learn enough! He is always telling us about the things he reads from the scriptures. Watching him be baptized was a very special experience for me. Tears may or may not have been shed.

Well other than that not a ton happened.On Wednesday we had a 3 week missionary training in Hyde park. We took a train to London and then the underground to Hyde park. The training was really great! I got to catch up with all my MTC friends. I've only been here a month, but I feel like I have already grown a lot!

I can't tell if I am losing or gaining weight, because we bike all
over Ashford but at the same time I'm eating a lot of pudding. 
(dessert) or sweets (candy)  whatever.
The other day was a wedding at the chapel and the opening song was "How Great Thou Art", which is a favourite of mine. We didn't have the words so I just did my best. The third and fourth verse got a little mixed up. Then the girl in front of me just turned around and handed me the words. Haha I guess it was pretty obvious.
Sorry for the shorter email this week.
Love you all! The church is true!
Love, Sister McFarland

No comments:

Post a Comment