About me

I am a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day saints. These are my adventures while serving in the England London mission.


email me at adriana {dot} mcfarland {at} myldsmail {dot} net

Monday, August 10, 2015

One Month Down!



I can't believe I have already been here a month! It feels like
yesterday was my first day at the MTC, but at the same time it feels
like ages ago. I also spoke too soon about it being cold cause
yesterday was really warm! It was also very humid so I just felt
sticky.

We didn't go to Dover last P day but we had a good time here. I had to
sew up my black skirt because the bike ate it. So I am glad mom
convinced me to bring a sewing kit!

The other day we were biking to an appointment and I fell a little
behind because I was so tired. I turned the corner to a very busy
round a bout and I couldn't see sister Top! Round a bouts are scary in
a car, and much more on a bike. And I was so confused because the cars
go counterclockwise here and I didn't know where to look.  But then I
saw sister Top and knew where I was going at least. I made it safely
across and didn't cause any accidents.  That same day was when we
found the cats. ( see picture below) We bike pretty much everywhere!




Friday we had a great lesson with Daniel, and he is on date for
baptism on the 5th of September! He asks a lot of questions, and he really wants to make sure it's right first. He works a lot so we don't get to see him as much as we would like. After that lesson we had a dinner appointment in Singleton and we were late, so sister Drew, who is a member who taught Daniel with us,  gave us a ride. We left our bikes at the chapel some had to walk a long ways back afterwards!

Something I love about England is that a lot of the houses have names,
such as homela or Bethany, or something in a different language. There
are also a ton of blackberry bushes in Ashford! It makes for a great
snack while tracting. But the best berries are at the top and I'm too
short to reach them.

Nathan called us yesterday and told us that he has a testimony of the
Holy Ghost and that the Book of Mormon might be true. He is still
trying to figure out if what he is feeling is good because he is not
used to feeling the spirit, and if the church is true, but he has come
along way!

We taught Jim  who is a recent convert and his son Brooke at the park
yesterday about temples. I wish we had the temple in our mission! I
don't think I ever appreciated how close we are to the temple in Utah.
Brooke is 9 and really wants to get baptized, but his mom wants him to
wait until he is 18.

The other day I made sister Top her first ever quesadilla! Because my
quesadilla skills are prime and everyone loves cheesy goodness she
liked it! She also made me pancakes with cheese which is something her
family does. It was good!

The picture with us in front of the church and by the red telephone
booth is in town centre, one of my favourite places to bike through in
Ashford.

The church is true, and the book is blue. Love you all!

Sister McFarland

No comments:

Post a Comment