About me

I am a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day saints. These are my adventures while serving in the England London mission.


email me at adriana {dot} mcfarland {at} myldsmail {dot} net

Monday, June 6, 2016

Pranks from the elders

Today for P-day we went to Dover to see the white cliffs! It is a
beautiful sunny day, so we were so excited to spend time outside.
We met with the elders from Gravesend so we could travel together.
While we were on the train, we noticed that a man was staring at us.
Elder Thueson, who is a new missionary, went over to talk to him. I
was so impressed with his boldness! Elder Thueson invited this man,
whose name is Jason, to come and sit with us! We started talking to
him about what we do as missionaries.  He was very curious and asked
so many questions. We began teaching the message of the restoration,
and the spirit was so strong , and Jason accepted an invitation to to
baptised! I couldn't believe it, it was such a miracle. Then he asked
us: "I was baptised as a baby, does that mean anything?" Before I
could answer, Elder Bald turned and said in all seriousness:" Yes, it
is of the devil." And then proceeded to teach all other manner of
false doctrine. Then he and his companion burst out laughing! I was
absolutely mortified and tried to cover them, when they suddenly
revealed that this was all a joke! Jason was actually a recent convert
from the elde'rs area. I couldn't believe it! I was so embarrassed.
But it was a great teaching experience all the same.

We had a really great day at the Cliffs of Dover today. It was
absolutely beautiful sunny weather and I got fried like bacon.
I am so excited that tomorrow Dallin H. Oaks will visit our mission!
Have a great week!
Love,
Sister McFarland



No comments:

Post a Comment