About me

I am a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day saints. These are my adventures while serving in the England London mission.


email me at adriana {dot} mcfarland {at} myldsmail {dot} net

Monday, October 19, 2015

Autumn

Hello family! I hope you have all had a great week!

Autumn is here! It is getting really cold. Like, really.  Cold. The
other day I thought I might have been called to the North Pole. I
bought some nice wool tights so it should be better. I used to always
make fun of people who would bundle up when it wasn't that cold, but
now I am one of those people. Aw well. ;)
I am all caught up with general conference now. I have been reading
the talks during personal study. I loved the talk about "ponderizing"
and have made a goal to memorize a new scripture each week. This week
I am memorizing Malachi 3:10. It's about tithing.
We had a super cool miracle this week. We were biking and we stopped a
couple waiting at the bus stop. We were talking to them and found out
they know a less active sister who we work with! They told us that
they had been having a really hard year and have been praying for help
and were ready to give up. Just as we were about to share a scripture
with them, their bus came! We gave them a pass along card, but before
we knew it they were gone. Then a couple of hours later they texted
us! They had contacted the less active sister and gotten our phone
number from her. They had researched the church and wanted to meet
with us! They feel like like this is something that is an answer to
their prayers. They are so sweet!
Last night we went to have a birthday dinner with a sister in the
ward! We baked her a cake. I remembered seeing something on Pinterest
before I left about making a box cake better by using milk instead of
water and more eggs. So, because Pinterest is always right, I decided
to give it a go.  After we cooked it, I didn't test it before we went.
So I just hoped for the best. So when we started eating it, I was just
praying I didn't destroy this cake. But, Pinterest was right. It was
good! Phew!

The church is true!

Love,
Sister McFarland



Here is a picture from the ward service activity we did a couple of
weeks ago. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment