About me

I am a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day saints. These are my adventures while serving in the England London mission.


email me at adriana {dot} mcfarland {at} myldsmail {dot} net

Monday, July 4, 2016

God bless America!

Hello everyone! Happy 4th of July to all my fellow Americans.I hope
all you at home are enjoying some parades and fireworks today! As this
is my first Independence Day in our mother country, I am feeling very
patriotic today. πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡Έ You can bet your bottom dollar that I have been
singing the national anthem all day and am wearing red white and blue!

Thank you all for the birthday wishes! I can't believe that I am 20
years old now! Wednesday was a great day because we got to go to
London to have a special training from President Kearon, the Europe
area president. Sister Kerr got the whole visitors centre, along with
half the mission, to sing to me while we were there. I was super
embarrassed, but I really appreciated Sister Kerr trying to make my
day so special! President Kearon is a phenomenal teacher. I loved the
conference so much and learned a lot! I wish I could type out
everything that I learned there, but it would take too long. But I
felt the spirit so strongly during that conference. When we came home
to Sittingbourne, we had dinner with some members, who surprised me
with a birthday cake. It was so sweet of them! Even though they
thought I was turning 21 instead of turning 20 hahaπŸ˜€

Well it seems like I should stop writing so much about the people we
find, because as soon as I write about them they disappear! Lately our
teaching pool has been changing rapidly, as we find someone new, then
a few days later they drop us. Nothing is consistent in life anymore!

My poor companion has had some health problems this past few weeks. We
went to the doctor last week because she had a really bad, irregular
rash. She was able to get some prescription medicine that took away
the rash, but has some terrible side affects,which have been giving
her migraines and making her nauseous. So please keep her in your
prayers!

Sorry for the short email this week. But for all you Americans out
there I hope you have a great holiday! For my English friends, I hope
that you have a great day as well. πŸ˜€

I love you all so much! I hope you have a fantastic week.

Love,
Sister McFarland πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡Έ



No comments:

Post a Comment