About me

I am a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day saints. These are my adventures while serving in the England London mission.


email me at adriana {dot} mcfarland {at} myldsmail {dot} net

Tuesday, May 10, 2016

An Unexpected Journey

Hey everyone! I hope you have all had a great week. I would like to
start by saying Happy Mother's Day to all you amazing mums out there!
I am so thankful for my amazing mom and everything she has done to
support and encourage me. She is the best mother a girl could ask for.
I am also so thankful for all my grandmothers, aunts,  sisters,
cousins and friends who are great examples to me of faithful disciples and
diligent mothers. So, thank you!  ❤

Was it only last week that I wrote about having all 4 seasons in a
day? Because this week summer came all at once. I went from wearing a
coat and thick tights everyday to short sleeve shirts nearly
overnight. There have been blue skies and sunshine nearly everyday
this week. I'm loving it! It was so nice that Sister Chou and I 
planned outside on the grass while having a picnic at sister Blackham's
house.

Well, moves calls last night were surprising and unexpected, although
I've learned to never be surprised by transfers anymore. It turns out
that I will be leaving Norwich! I am returning to Kent to be in
Canterbury zone again, serving in Gillingham! Which is not very far
from my birthplace Ashford. I am going to be follow-up training Sister
Cardoso from Brazil. I'm sad that I have to leave Norwich after only
being here a short time! But I'm excited for this new adventure.


Saturnday night we had a mission wide conference call where we
received some exciting news: Elder Dallin H. Oaks will be coming to
visit our mission on June 7😀 I am so excited! I can't wait!

But for a side of spiritual: I would like to share my favourite
scripture from this past transfer in Moroni 8:16 "I speak with
boldness, having authority from God, and I fear not what man can do;
for a perfect love casteth out all fear." I love this scripture
because it reminds me that we have authority from God, and must speak
with boldness, and that a perfect love, the Love of Jesus Christ, can
cast out all my fear.

We have a busy day ahead of us to get everything ready! I will let you
know about my new area and new companion in next week's episode.

I hope you all have a great week! Love you!

Love,
Sister McFarland



No comments:

Post a Comment